Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fish falling from the sky!


roadsafety.wordpress.com

Recently I discovered a horrifying video on the web where a taxi driver violently hit a pedestrian over and then again with his mini-bus, and thereafter pursued to kick him in the face!
I couldn’t believe what I had just seen. The anger with which the taxi driver did that to the pedestrian was almost sickening. Who does that? Like fish falling from the sky?
Never in a million years would I ever think I’d see that happening on a video in front of my face.
I thought to myself, hell, if this is what the world is seeing about South Africa, imagine what they are thinking! Something needs to happen in our society for the world to see we are undoubtedly so much better than what’s perceived out there…

3 comments:

  1. That video really made me angry and you're correct about the perceptions people have of this country. If something isn't done about the state of our society, we'll be left with no tourism and a very struggling economy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sad. I'm confused as to why this is ok with everyone. Many of the websites and the comments I have read have argued against the poor pedestrian. Ya, fair enough, he might have been strolling over the road, but the anger that taxi driver had was way outta the water. As for the people standing and watching, no words…

      Delete
  2. I also saw this video and it made me sick, how can someone do something like that? What has become of our society? I agree with you, with regards to the preception people may have of South Africa, its quite sad. Good take on the topic, well written blog post.

    ReplyDelete