Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

Eyes wide open


http://nihilisticpoetry.com/tag/tomorrow/
A few months ago I was given the opportunity to help organise a conference at the Upper East Side hotel in Woodstock. The conference took the form of a retreat for 20 delegates from around the world who all sit on the board for the Global Fund. The Global Fund represents civil society and all the NGO's that support TB and HIV. People from as far as Hong Kong, Jamaica, Panama all such passionate activists in their different fields. I learnt so much from them. What inspirational people.

To hear some of the things these people have done in their lives is really remarkable. Although I do not sit on the board, I was still apart of the meetings, so I was able to really get to know everyone properly.
The experience really opened up my eyes to new possibilities. There is so much more out there than just Cape Town, as much as I love my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment