Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My favorite Dr Seuss book is ‘Horton hears a who’


I can’t remember ever really reading Dr Seuss books when I was younger but when I got a little older I started to realize that they were influential in children’s lives. I took it upon myself to show an interest in some of the books, my favorite one being ‘Horton hears a who’

Horton is a lovable, elephant with big ears and an even bigger heart. When a sound from a small puff of dust catches Horton’s ear, he’s blown away by the idea that there could be an entire world just like his floating around unseen. He makes it his business to protect the little Whos and their world on the speck of dust. Convincing his friends he isn't crazy turns out to be a harder job than protecting a tiny world of invisible people.
duelinganalogs.com

I often wondered if there was a world other than ours that existed. Have you ever thought how perhaps there is an entire functioning planet that lives on our noses, and that every time we sneeze they have an earthquake? It’s something to consider I think.
I appreciate the fact that Dr Seuss made it possible for us to open our minds up. He made it possible for us to imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment